New things on sale on Monday, November 23rd.
- Riddim will go on sale at 12:01 AM and the late show will most likely be sold out before I come in at 6 AM. December 12 – 7:30 and 10 PM If you are interested in a ticket, tell me and I will reserve it and you can pay next week. Tina, Daniel and Clair are working the event and get a free ticket. There are printed wristbands for both shows.
- Vermont Choreographers’ Showcase – Friday, December 11 – 7:00 PM, Dance Theatre – yes you can have a comp. We will do the box office for this added event – will add it to the schedule.
I will be in NY auditioning opera singers on Monday, November 30th and Tuesday, December 1st. Please have your keys on you! I can count 4 times this week alone that people have arrived without having their keys – yes I feel like I am always here, but I occasionally am out of the office. I will talk to Missey on Monday about opening up over here on Monday and Tuesday.
Monday, November 30th at 12:01 AM the Winter Term Workshops go on sale. I am sure you have noticed them in SABO. 99% of the sales for this are online but please take a look at them and be ready to sell at the counter. Open the PDF that is available at go/wtw and then you can search using Control F. Students may not remember some of the silly titles of the workshops.
After you have a replacement for a shift, please email me so I know who is working – I don’t like worrying about coverage.
Have a great break – here or where ever!
Hiruy and Andres were heroes! The window here at McCullough wasn’t closing locking so they stayed here until facilities showed up – after 10. There is a work order now to have it fixed. Hopefully that will happen quickly.
- Thanksgiving tickets are now up and on sale – should have been an all-campus email but could happen soon – free for students and any Fac/Staff that have to work – $5 for Fac/staff who just want to attend.
- Time change for WRMC – Majical Cloudz – now 9:30 start and 9 doors. Tell people at the counter – I will email them all again to remind them. I have been rewriting some of the wristbands as they are sold.
- Bus exchanges – this is all in the book of knowledge but still some ??s. Bus tickets can be exchanged up until 1 week prior to departure for Boston, NY and BTV buses if changing to t a different break. Bus tickets to and from the airport can be exchanged for a different time for the same break at any time. Ex: changing from 7 AM to 10 AM.
- Please keep the money neat and all the faces looking in the same direction – believe it or not, mistakes can happen easily when it is a mess…plus I have to take it to the cashier’s office all in the same direction.
- Please rubber band all will call and mail tickets ( to MC boxes) and use the paper clips only for events with wristbands – the clips are a pain and grab onto each other!
- When students pick up a cash box – have them sign and put their ID – but you should sign as the staff member who signed it out!
- TEDX wants all names of patrons as well – so if someone buys more than one ticket, put the other names in order notes.
- If someone is buying tickets using an index, it is a department charge – I usually do these but sometimes they come to the counter – put the INDEX in the order notes.
- A few changes to the work schedule – Maria is actually dancing in Fall Dance so I replaced here with money hungry Jessica – let me know if this works Jessica. Fall 2015 performance schedule
The next few weeks are the busiest for us for the whole semester. Missey and I have noticed a real lack of attention to detail. When something is done incorrectly, we are now looking up who did and keeping track. For example, if you are putting someone new in the system, please do it neatly and correctly.
- All names and addresses should be capitalized – remember that what you put in is also the label for mailing tickets. If our boss saw some of the labels that are going out of here – we would here about it.
- When the customer gives you their name and you can’t find it – ask it the account could be under some other name, like a spouse or partner – don’t automatically just put them in unless of course this is the first time they are purchasing – we are seeing too much duplication.
- From now on, go in to the account name first and double-check things – just say ” Are you still at…? Has your phone number changed? Check email addresses. Clair is a pro at this and she asks the marketing ??
- After you have checked – if someone says they don’t have email or don’t want to give it to us – put that in the notes section. Click on notes and write in it. Example: No email
- I have noticed incorrect zip codes and just sloppy entry – when you see an entry that is a mess and you have the time – edit it and clean it up.
There will be lots of new things going on sale in the next few weeks. They are listed on the latest performance schedule – please look at this carefully – I have made a number of changes. Fall 2015 performance schedule
There are 3 upcoming Zoo shows that we have nothing to do with except to give them cash boxes for making their own sales – they only want to charge $2 and I said we wouldn’t staff them for that price.
- Akhila Khanna – this weekend – just tell people to go the Zoo – $2 at the door
- Daniel Buchman – next weekend (11/6 – 8)- same $2 at the door
- Gabrielle Owens – the next weekend (11/13-15) – same $ at the door
Then on November 19 – 21 there is a Zoo show that is 700s for 2 theatre majors – Tosca and Leah. We will staff this – they are doing it at the Bunker – only 32 seats so I imagine we will do wait lists – yes you can get a comp to that. Title is ROADKILL – it will go on sale next week.
The last Zoo show ( 12/4 – 6) is an independent musical – it should be amazing, it is called Ordinary Days and takes place in NYC and one of the songs “I’ll Be There” is about 911. This will be very popular so I am scheduling 2 a night to work for this as well. I imagine wait lists. No comps for this one. We are charging $5 for Midd students but $10 for everyone else because the rights for this musical are very expensive!
The weekend of December 4 – 6 is crazy with productions – this is an all-hands on deck weekend!
We are planning a get-together at my house for the last week of classes. The only thing that will be on sale is Riddim and I imagine it will be sold out! It will probably be mid-week – something like Wednesday, December 9 – starting at 5, but will let you know! We had to cancel last year because of a snow storm – only Liilia is praying for snow!
TINA – Next week the tee-shirts go on sale – do not tell anyone this – it will happen on Monday. they are doing a push this weekend on Facebook. Speaking of tee-shirts – when you refill the sizes – don’t just dump a pile – please fold each shirt separately to attempt to keep them neat. We will only
We have had so many students come to the counter on the night of performance saying they didn’t get their tickets and then we have to reprint. This could be the reason. When you batch print by disposition (mail or will call), please look at what you are printing. I suggest printing everything that prints a ticket first (ignore bus, FOAM, MOP, cakes etc). Notice whether they are students or not – if you miss that, look at the price of the ticket – you should know that way. If they don’t make an account ( and they don’t have to – they can buy as a guest), the default is shipping to the same address as billing address. Do not just throw the tickets in an envelope – look up their box number if they are students and just hand write it on the header. batch printing ticket prices.
it is usually first-years that don’t understand that our software is not merged with Banner – be vigilant and pay attention to what you are processing – we aren’t that busy!