Two important things
- We are looking for workers this summer – doesn’t have to be just one person – we can split the summer up 2 or 3 ways. Just shoot Missey and I an email if you are interested. Graduates are welcome as well – remember Doug stayed last year and made about $4,000.
- I am looking for a NY bus monitor for Feb break – Esteban is doing one and before I go outside to a non-staff member, does anyone want to monitor the second bus?
This J-term has flown by! Next week will be a little crazy – here is the performance schedule again. J-Term 2016 performance schedule. When working at THT, I know a few of you may want to see Chicago – please let me know if you plan to stay and we can save a seat. Or I can give you a ticket for the open dress on Wednesday – that night could be nuts. We sell at the door (cash only) and THT facebooked it and got 350 hits in just a few minutes.
Please be on time for the shifts at THT – I will be setting everything up earlier – the laptop, cash box and credit card machine. People arrive very early for the paid wait list at THT.
Those of you doing DCM have all done it before – may have a paid wait list if sales pick up because they have very reduced capacity on this one.
Monday morning – NESCAC swim meet goes on sale at 9:00 AM. Clair and I will be here but be prepared for the phone to roll over to MCA. This is the letter sent to all parents about the meet – please read and be familiar. 2016 NESCAC WOMEN’S SWIM-DIVE instructions. I will be printing each order as it comes in online (the laser printer) and sorting by the name of the team. There will be baskets with labels. Sections usually fill very quickly and in the past, people cheat – please ask for the name of the swimmer and put it in the order notes. Online they are prompted and have to put the name in. They think we check rosters of each team. :). After a section (32 seats) sells out, tell the customer they can buy general admission seats – but I will try to get them in a section near their team. Often smaller teams don’t sell out their section. Section sales go through next Thursday night at midnight and then GA goes on sale Friday morning.
When cash boxes are returned – please take out any cash in the box – put it in an envelope and label and put in the safe. One more will be do back tomorrow or Monday.
When (hopefully if) you have printer trouble, go to computer Printer and Devices and clear any attempts from the printer. Boca is the default and should have a green check mark – if it has a yellow triangle, it need to clear the errors. Don’t know how to do this – ask Missey or me.
I know you are all tired but some really dumb mistakes are happening.
- Credit card receipts – many of you are still not putting names on the receipts on phone orders or if the name isn’t printed on the receipt. It is hard for me to track mistakes if I don’t know who the receipt was for. plus – if someone’s signature at the counter is not legible and their name isn’t printed on the receipt – hand write it!
- Recycle the customer copy if they don’t want it – we don’t need it.
- Don’t remove the batch sip until it is finished printing – you have to hit enter before it settles – it should be about 4 inches long.
- When filling the cc machine, the paper goes in so the slip comes from underneath and curls away from you. It will not print upside down.
- Too many times small bills are coming over in the deposit. There should never be more than 4 ones – unless all you had in the drawer was ones. Always send over the largest denominations possible.
- When people get closed out of SABO and think they have been charged – usually they did something wrong in the payment gateway and their bank is holding the funds – for security reasons – in case it isn’t them – explain that it will disappear from their account in 1 to 2 days. If they are worried about getting a seat on the bus or a spot in a workshop – you can reserve the class. Look at this screen shot – when you hit submit, they will get an email to pay online or can come to the counter to pay. Sale reservation. If they come back in to pay, just pull up their account and you will see if the transaction history a sale that has an R in front of it – open it and it will look just like the end of a normal sale.
- I have just reserved 8 people for a MOP Feb break camping trip to Joshua Creek because I had to recalculate their price after they had paid a deposit. Only Missey and I can recalculate prices.
- See you all tonight!!!
Way too many small mistakes for this time of the semester.
- Whenever you do an exchange of a ticket that was purchased online it will through you into Internet Source – always make sure after an exchange that you get back into PBO. It makes my reports really hard int he morning searching for mistakes.
- If you suddenly don’t see comps offered – you could be in internet source
- If tickets start printing in a tiny font – you could be in Internet source with the wrong preferences set. HTML has to be checked off in whatever source you are in.
- Whenever you send an email to anyone – don’t just sing Box office – please sign your name as well. If I have a question, I have to look up who was working at the time of the email, plus take responsibility for what you write.
- Gift Certificates for 51 main – we process. As they come in – print them from the outlook folder and leave them for me. Don’t just file them. Now that we are no longer selling Panther Point cards, we may see more GCs of all kinds. The Grill can be filed – they process their own.
- I will be sending out the comp email for the Chicago cast on Monday morning. It is very important that these are done correctly. It goes on sale the first day of J-term and often sells out within hours.
- Party – Jessica has to arrive a bit later and has a car – if anyone else needs to leave campus a little late – get in touch with Jessica.
- No more honey this year.
- If you don’t know how to change a reservation into a sale – talk to Missey or I.
- If you don’t know how to add an order note – for instance when someone sell their bus ticket – talk to Missey or I. I am pretty sure this is all in the Book of Knowledge
New things on sale on Monday, November 23rd.
- Riddim will go on sale at 12:01 AM and the late show will most likely be sold out before I come in at 6 AM. December 12 – 7:30 and 10 PM If you are interested in a ticket, tell me and I will reserve it and you can pay next week. Tina, Daniel and Clair are working the event and get a free ticket. There are printed wristbands for both shows.
- Vermont Choreographers’ Showcase – Friday, December 11 – 7:00 PM, Dance Theatre – yes you can have a comp. We will do the box office for this added event – will add it to the schedule.
I will be in NY auditioning opera singers on Monday, November 30th and Tuesday, December 1st. Please have your keys on you! I can count 4 times this week alone that people have arrived without having their keys – yes I feel like I am always here, but I occasionally am out of the office. I will talk to Missey on Monday about opening up over here on Monday and Tuesday.
Monday, November 30th at 12:01 AM the Winter Term Workshops go on sale. I am sure you have noticed them in SABO. 99% of the sales for this are online but please take a look at them and be ready to sell at the counter. Open the PDF that is available at go/wtw and then you can search using Control F. Students may not remember some of the silly titles of the workshops.
After you have a replacement for a shift, please email me so I know who is working – I don’t like worrying about coverage.
Have a great break – here or where ever!